Forty environmental and green economy measures are proposed by a coalition of Spanish NGOs, including WWF Spain, as the only sustainable solution to the economic crisis.
The announcement, which coincided with the celebration of June 5th World Environment Day, include
- measures for energy efficiency and climate change,
- sustainable mobility,
- fair water pricing that includes the environmental cost of extraction and use,
- improvement of Natura 2000 management, in order to meet the objectives of the Biodiversity Strategy and to develop sectoral plans,
- respect to the Coastal Law, support of a sustainable CFP reform and invest in the marine Natura 2000 network,
- an Environmental Taxation Act that moves the tax burden from “green” products and services to unsustainable enterprises.
Sources: WWF Spain (in Spanish)